Thursday, August 13, 2015

Average, everday re-registration

Today I went to Central Casting in order to update my photographs and change my new address. It was weird waiting in line because I always seem to draw the crazies.
One former homeless man who became a background artist was there to re-register and he saw me in line. We've worked with one another before, and every time I see him I get this weird drop in my stomach. He always runs over to me and throws his arms around me, and I have to stop breathing for a second so I can get through the hug.
So there we are, stuck in line. One almost directly behind the other. It's impossible to escape him, and this wolf wasn't willing to chew off her leg to get out of this trap. I'd been waiting there for so long, and I wasn't going to get out of line for this fucker. So I decided to make the best out of the situation.
Now I have to admit, I'm not the nicest person you're ever going to run into, but I really do try to be a decent human being. Me being me, I tried to be as polite as possible, even though I really didn't want to talk to him, and struck up a conversation. We had to wait outside Central for God knows how long (all in all, I think 1 hr and 30 mins), so what was there really to do other than humor each other?
Call me an asshole, call me what you will, but I hate talking to this guy. It isn't because he is homeless, and it isn't because he is weird - although, who could deny it?
But this guy is pretty invasive, and I always hate talking to him because he asks weird questions about my life and then he makes it sound like all the choices I've made in my life were wrong.
Excuse me, but who is the homeless/former homeless person here?
Anyways, he is telling me how I should lead people on to get what I want, and I'm politely disagreeing with him. He wont let the subject go, even though I'm definitely willing to.
He starts yelling the whole damn time, his voice escalating to the point where one girl picked up her bags and walked away. He doesn't even notice. His voice is booming- the fucker sounds like a blown sound system. No one cares to listen, but he just keeps rambling on. I've stopped talking for quite some time at this point, and am slowly trying to face the door to Central to shut him off.
Finally, an older white guy who just can't take it anymore says a quiet, "Shut up."
Shit. Hit. The. Fan.
The homeless guy just starts screaming at the old white guy, then he throws out the word nigger and everyone's getting testy. He starts screaming how shit's about to go down, threatening to hit the older guy. The poor innocent people in line are all exchanging glances and shifting around. No one knows what is going to happen. Including myself. And I feel like an asshole for being the one to start it all.
Now usually Central has a large black guy that does security right outside the door, but today, he wasn't here. Out of all the days to not be here and a fucking fight is about to go down!
A few people in line are quick to chirp up now, and they tell them to let it go and stop talking to one another. Things are finally silent and we are left to sit there in silence for another 40 minutes before the doors to Central open. It was awkward as fuck.
When we get inside, I handle my re-registration, change my address, run into an old college friend - which was the highlight of my day - and moseyed my ass over to In 'n Out. It wasn't delicious at all, but it held me over until I could re take my pictures at Extras! Management. I'm hoping all the trouble was worth it to get me more work.
Now I'm just reviewing lines on my bed for my reel. Life is fucking weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment